Basic Heart Rate Training Course
Available now for only $79.00
Program accredited: Fitness Australia 04086FA (2 CECs) and Physical Activity Australia KAP1660 (1 PDP)
**In Australia to attain CEC's or PDP - You must be a registered 'Personal Trainer / Group Exercise / Gym Instructor with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia.
In New Zealand to attain CPD you must be a registered 'Personal Trainer / Group Exercise / Gym Instructor with REP's New Zealand.
The secret to delivering an effective and efficient training session is to use a Polar heart rate monitor. By constantly monitoring your client’s heart rates during exercise, you can ensure they are training at the right intensity to improve their overall health and fitness, weight management or sporting performance. Eliminate the guess work out of personal training by using a Polar heart rate monitor.
Polar Education Zone: Basic Heart Rate Training provides
the latest information on the basic concepts of heart rate training and has been designed for those who are new to fitness industry or simply want to brush up on their knowledge and broaden their skills. The course is to be completed online and requires approximately 2 hours worth of reading plus questions.
The basic heart rate training course will provide
- How and why to use a Polar heart rate monitor.
- Benefits of heart rate training.
- The heart muscle and how it effects training.
- The energy pathways, fuel sources and metabolism.
- Heart rate training basics (resting heart rate, average heart rate and maximum heart rate).
- How to determine a maximum heart rate.
- Target heart rate zones for training.
- Factors that affect heart rate.
- Principles behind the super compensation curve.
- Overtraining and how to avoid it.
- Different types of training methods.
- Planning sessions for different population groups using heart rate target zones.
- Ways to monitor improvement.